Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Getting Started: Graphic Design

You want to get started in the graphic design field, but you are stuck in where to start. Well I'm here to tell you how I began in graphic design.
My first tip: start with GIMP. Trust me, you don't have to buy $100+ software. GIMP is free and does just about everything that Photoshop can do. You can download GIMP at http://gimp.org.
Next is to learn the basics. None of the advanced things; yet.What I recommend is to play with the software of your choice, just to explore the tools and how to use them. You could also go to Google, and find YouTube tutorials, or written tutorials.You might even have a good friend/family member who can help you.
Now, you can get started, and go into the advanced levels. To learn these, it is basically the same methods as learning the basics; Google, family members, etc. You can even offer your services to the public, as long as you think you're good enough.I hope this helped you to get started with graphic design, and I hope you become a great graphic designer!

No comments:

Post a Comment