Sunday, December 4, 2011

Texas Longhorns: Coaching Changes?

Yesterday the Baylor Bears beat my team, the Texas Longhorns. As a follower of Texas Longhorns news, I would know about the rumors of Mack Brown retiring, which leads me to think about what is actually making us lose games. My conclusion is that we need a coaching change. See, Mack Brown is a great coach, don't get me wrong, but as the coach you should always be talking to your team. Mack is more laid back, and I think this results in a negative effect on the entire team. Also, there is Manny Diaz, who took over for Will Muschamp, the former defensive coordinator. To be honest, I can see a big difference in play; and strategy, since this change. Coach Muschamp was always pressuring other teams, and that lead to a lot of success in the Longhorns football program. Manny Diaz's approach is a bit more conservative. He might not be making sure the players go %100 every play either. Watching each game, there are lots of missed tackles; and no discipline for their mistakes. So, what do you think should be changed for more success in the Longhorns program? More discipline? Better players? Better coaches? Tell us in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment