Friday, January 27, 2012

Movie Review: Man on a Ledge

Man on a Ledge is a movie that I have been anticipating to see for a month or two now. Just hours ago, I was able to check out the movie, and to make it simple; I loved it. I'm no professional movie critic, but I can only say good things about this movie. The basic plot (no spoilers) was that the "man on a ledge" is conducting a heist, using the suicide attempt as a distraction. That's as far I will go for the plot. The story was exceptional, and was very suspenseful when cutting to different places. There wasn't much buildup, but overall, I liked the way it ended up. The end of the movie was surprising. I thought I could predict it, but the story quickly changed direction, yet back again. This aspect kept you wanting to see more. The camera work for being on a ledge could be dizzying at times, but wasn't too bad. I'd give this movie an 8/10 rating, because of the great story, but the weird changes of direction. That relies on your personal preference.

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot to be entertained by here but there is also way too much that we can’t actually take seriously and it actually ends up being more of just a silly thriller that has a good cast, that doesn’t really do much. Good review. Check out mine when you can.

    ReplyDelete